Friday, May 25, 2012

HOLD UP

Today I heard some horrifying news from my sweet husband.

"It is rumored that the director of Catching Fire is seeking out Robert Pattinson to play Finnick Odair."


NOT OK.

let me repeat: THIS IS NOT OK!!!!!



I will be sooooo upset if he plays Finnick. For some strange reason Robert Pattinson always gets cast as the hottest character in every major book series that has come out in the past 6 years. Seriously.


Cedric Diggory- Robert Pattinson

Edward Cullen- Robert Pattinson

And now possibly Finnick Odiar!?!?!?

This was made by my husband. I have the greatest husband ever :)

WHAT THE CRAP PEOPLE!?! I mean, sure maybe he can act a little, but his performance in Twilight was more than underwhelming (granted I only saw the first two, but I can't imagine they got better...) and he played Cedric in the most flat and boring way possible. Sure he's probably great in other stuff. Ok, let him be in other stuff. Stop casting him as the EXTREMELY HOT AND YOU HAVE TO LOVE THEM character. Cause he's just not that. Ok? Ok.

Here are my reasons for not wanting Robert Pattinson to play Finnick Odair (in no particular order):

- Finnick has to be someone who every LOVES or it just doesn't work. If half of the people that go to see the movie don't like Robert Pattinson, then the story doesn't work. 

- He's supposed to be buff, handsome, have bronze hair and sea colored eyes (granted, the last two can be fixed with hair dye and contacts, but still). I don't think Robert Pattinson has ANY of those qualities. 

- I can think of at least 50 guys who fit the description of Finnick better than Robert. 

- His acting in his previous movies has not proved that he is capable of the depth Finnick needs. NEEDS. Finnick is not some emo throughout the story, he has deep emotional issues AND is fun to be around. He has a personality. 

- If they're looking for someone with a fan base, there are PLENTY of young, attractive actors that have big fat fan bases. Just because he has the "most recent" fan base doesn't mean a darn thing.

- He needs to be a hunky Brad Pitt tyepe, not a sick looking skinny kid. 

- He just doesn't fit the type. Flat out. If you get on Pinterest and search "Finnick Odair" Robert Pattinson shows up ONCE, but a lot of other extremely attractive men show up MULTIPLE times. It's obvious that people didn't imagine him as Finnick.

- Finnick has to be someone that everyone (men, women, gay, straight, etc.) WANT to see draped in nothing but a fishnet. Not someone who will make us nauseous if we see him draped in nothing but a fishnet. I mean... they had to air brush his abs on him in Eclipse and even then they looked awful. They can't find someone with decent abs????

Here are just a few pictures of some of the men I think would be more than acceptable to play Finnick:


Alex Pettyfer

Jeremy Sumpter



Armie Hammer

Garret Hedlund

Chris Zylka



I know, I know... Zac Efron? But he's got the abs and the eyes, and he's a good actor. So it's better than Robert Pattinson.


Mat Lanter

If they're looking for someone with a "fan base" how about Matthew Lewis??? He's HOT now! Let's give him a chance to be the hot guy in a movie. 

Thomas McDonell

Chace Crawford
Chris Pine

There are TONS more options... I would be satisfied with any of these options, or one that looks like them. But nooooooo they're thinking about casting this:






EW.


I'm quite a fan of Garret Hedlund myself. Observe:





But, like I said, I will be pleased with any of those fine gentlemen or anyone that looks similar to them. I mean, the least they can do is pick someone with an acceptable six pack...

And I totally wouldn't be mad if this was Annie Cresta:


Don't judge me. A girl can dream........

So, what are your thoughts? Who do YOU think should play Finnick?

4 comments:

Mallary said...

AMEN sister! Garrett Hedlund is such a beautiful man, with a voice to match. I could listen to him read me the dictionary. I wouldn't mind Zac Efron either. :)

Sarah said...

My vote is for Jeremy Sumpter just because I was totally in love with him as Peter Pan when I was a teenager. Any one of your choices would be a million times better than Rob. We should start a petition.

Myndi said...

I'm really attached to the idea of Ian sumerhold (our however you spell his last name. boone from lost ) as finnick and naya Rivera as Joanne. But if this director isn't stopped chances are that rpat will be finnick and kristen steward will end up playing dual roles as joanne and annie *eye roll*

Unknown said...

I vote Chris Pine!!!