Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Will Rogers Follies: A Life In Revue

I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS SHOW.

I am going to be honest and say that I thought I would never love another show like I loved Xanadu.

I was so wrong.

I will always love Xanadu and it will always have a special place in my heart reserved just for it. However I have realized in the past month or two that there can be more than one "love of your life" when it comes to shows.

The Will Rogers Follies is my new "love of my life." Not replacing, but adding to the list of loves. 
I had no idea how much I would love this show.

SURE...

I knew that I wanted to be in it.
I knew I loved the script.
I knew I loved the music.
I knew that I would have a great time.
I knew that I loved the people in it.
I knew I loved the director and designers.

BUT...

I had no idea that this show would ring so true in my heart.
I had no idea that I would grow to love these characters as if I really new them.
I had no idea that I would become such a close family with this cast.
I had no idea that this show would bring me so much happiness.
I had no idea I would be so deeply moved by this show's message.
I had no idea that I would fall so deeply in love with this show.  

I am so extremely blessed to be a part of this production. I have learned so much about myself and about the people that I am working with throughout this process. I mean... I feel like it doesn't get much better than this for the last show of your college career. I couldn't ask for anything better, cause I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist! 

You aren't going to want to miss this show. Seriously, it is pretty awesome (if I do say so myself). I am confident that there are parts that will straight up take your breath away! It's a BEAUTIFUL show and I am very proud to be a part of it! 

We open February 7th! The run of the show is as follows:

February 7-9 & 19-23
with Matinees on both Saturdays

You can get tickets by clicking HERE and clicking the Performing Arts- Theater button
or by calling 801-626-8500.
I hope that everyone gets the chance to see this show. I'm in love with it and want to share it with as many people as possible :)

Everyone keep smiling!

No comments: