Monday, February 25, 2013

The Last

Saturday night was the our performance of Will Rogers Follies at Weber State University. 
It was also my last performance at Weber State University in general. 

CRAZY.

As you can probably imagine, it was a pretty emotional experience for me, and several other people, especially those who were also doing their last performance at WSU. 

This process has been a complete and utter joy. I could not have asked for a better experience to end my college career. I am so beyond grateful to everyone who shared this show with me for making it such an amazing experience. I will never be able to thank Jim Christian enough for casting me as Betty.

This role, this show, Will Rogers... they have all changed me. 
For the better :)

I have so many feelings in my heart about this show, and no words to express them. Everything I come up with seems inadequate. This show has been so much fun, so full of love and light, full of so many people dear to my heart, and just all around wonderful.... It's hard to say goodbye to something like that.

I was thinking about all of this and how it all began. I remember BJ teaching me how to do a flat loop with a rope so that  I remember the audition process and hoping beyond all hope that I would be cast as Betty, but trying so hard not to get my hopes up all at the same time. I also remember hoping that I would just be involved in any small way. I remember leaving the auditions and knowing that there was nothing left for me to do but wait. I remember walking down the hall to the call board and not being able to breathe when I saw this:


I remember being so excited to start rehearsals, not being able to wait for the break to be over so we could start the show (even though I didn't want to go back to school). I remember my very first rehearsal. I remember hanging out and laughing so hard I could cry at rehearsals with my amazing friends. I remember the first time BJ did the Texas Skip. I remember throwing almonds to the dancers with Juston. I remember the first time we rehearsed the end scene and how BJ, Jim, and I were big sobbing messes... it was so beautiful. 


I remember the first time I tried on my costumes and falling completely in love with them, and then trying on my adorable wigs and feeling the same way about them. I remember the first time I flew on the moon. I remember opening night, the amazing run, and of course closing night. 

I had the privilege of sharing my last closing night at WSU with 5 other amazing people sharing their last closing nights with me. 

Emily Ferrin, Kalyn West, Me, Kelsie Slaugh, BJ Whimpey, and Trent Cox.

These people are very dear to me. 
Emily has been a spiritual stronghold for me here at WSU.
Kalyn shared my very first show that I ever did at WSU, and now my last.
Kelsie and I played mother and daughter in Tartuffe last year and really bonded.
BJ is my very best friend outside of my family. 
Trent was my very first friend at WSU.

I love all of them SO MUCH. 

I also love this man.


Without him none of this would have happened. 
He is such an amazing human.
I hope to be just a fraction of the wonderful person he is.
If I can do that, I will have accomplished much. 

SO THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY FOLLIES FAMILY. 
I LOVE ALL OF YOU AND WILL TREASURE THIS EXPERIENCE FOREVER. 



1 comment:

Bailee said...

What a fantastic post.
Such a fantastic show, too.

I loved being a part of this show and I love you!! :)