Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013

So turns out the Mayans didn't have quite the handle on things that they thought they did! Lucky for us! (Ok, ok, I know it was just the end of a "cycle" or whatever, but still!)

But really though, no end of the world, so we get to enjoy another year :) YAY!

It's crazy to me how the years seem to go by so much faster than they did when I was a kid. I mean, do you remember when a year felt like FOREVER? And now a year doesn't seem like that long at all. One year, two years, three years, forty years.... so strange.

I am proud to say that I accomplished a lot of my New Year's resolutions from last January and have made significant progress in the others. It is a good feeling to look back on that list and find that you really did make a lot of improvements and accomplished a lot of goals! I didn't really know what that felt like before Brandon and I got married because I always lost my list of resolutions before the end of the year, but now we keep them in a very specific spot and always look at them before we write our new resolutions. I also like the fact that I am no longer looking at just resolutions that I have set for me, but I am also look at resolutions that Brandon and I have set as a couple. We have made good progress there as well! I love that.

Last year I did a post that had a whole bunch of "things I loved about 2011," "things I didn't love about 2011" and all that jazz (you can see that post by clicking here) and I think I'm going to do the same thing this year!

Things I loved about 2012
- Spending another amazing year with my AMAZING husband. Seriously, I don't think it gets any better than that.
- All of the amazing shows that I have done this year! Tartuffe, South Pacific, Five Carols.... :)
- Figuring out how to be healthy, happy, and love myself. It's a work in progress, but I am getting there.
- Learning to be a runner with Jen and running my races!
- Getting my job at Dress Barn and absolutely loving it there and the people I work with.
- Dancing with Legacy for the final time. Sad day, but great memories.
- Finishing my last fall semester at Weber!
- Really bonding with my best friends and creating relationships that will last a lifetime.
- Deciding that nothing is going to hold me back from pursuing my dreams.
- Doing my first ever movie :) Yay Steve From Accounting VS The Shadow Dwellers!
- Getting cast as "Betty Blake" in Will Rogers Follies
- Having some very dear friends come home from missions!
- Getting my first niece ever and loving the crap out of her! I love my Tazer-Jane!

- A bunch of my friends having babies, getting married, and being awesome :)
- Going to The Roof with my sweet husband for our 2nd Anniversary!



Things I didn't love about 2012
- Not getting to spend a lot of time with Brandon during school semesters.
- Being super overwhelmed with school.
- Not having air conditioning or heat (it wasn't THAT bad, but it wasn't super comfortable)
- Figuring out the eating healthy and being cheap aren't super compatible. 
- Dislocating my thumb twice
- Finding out that people aren't who you thought they were.
- Getting with an agency that hasn't done crap for me. 

Things I will always remember about 2012
- Our 2nd Anniversary!
- Taizlee being born :)
- Caitlin graduating from High School
- Reconnecting with my brother Kyle.
- Kyle graduating from High School.
- Running my first ever 5K and then running my first ever 10K
- Learning so much about myself and making big life decisions
- All of the above and below things
- Watching the solar eclipse

Crazy adventures I had during 2012
- Bear Lake with the McGregor clan
- Manti with the Billings clan and riding all over those mountains
- Cutting out gluten and sugar from my diet
- Going to St. George with Legacy
- Redecorating my house
- Public transportation
- Learning to cook using very limited ingredients

Movies I saw during 2012
- Hunger Games
- The Vow
- The Lucky One
- The Avengers
- Brave
- The Amazing Spiderman
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Premium Rush
- Pitch Perfect
- Wreck It Ralph
- The Hobbit
- Les Mis

Some of my favorite things during 2012
- Costa Vida (but a very different menu than I previously enjoyed)
- The color yellow
- converse (I have 18 pairs!)
- vintage clothing, especially skirts and dresses
- Scarves
- Coldplay
- Going to movies with my hubby
- Carb free peanut butter cookies
- Bell peppers
- Running
- Going to the gym with my sweetheart
- The Hunger Games books
- Playing with my friend's kids and my niece

Things that happened in the world during 2011
- The summer Olympics in London
- Obama reelected 
- Hurricane Sandy
- The shootings in the Colorado movie theater, at Sandy Hook Elementary, and Oregon
- Whitney Huston, Donna Summer, and Neil Armstrong died (among others, but still...)

No comments: