Sunday, January 6, 2013

BELIEVE




Yesterday I most definitely did go to the Justin Bieber concert! And let me just say,

IT WAS AMAZING!

Caitlin and Me walking to the concert :)
Caitlin (my sister and my best girl friend ever) and I spent the day shopping at City Creek shopping center and hanging out, then we grabbed some dinner, and then headed to the Energy Solutions Arena for the concert! Caitlin got the tickets in July for her birthday and asked me to go with her when she got them. I am so glad that she did and have been so excited to go to the concert! The anticipation over the past six months (especially this last week) has been killing me!

We saw some friends there, too :)

So excited we can hardly stand it. Waiting for the concert to start.
Now, let me set some things straight before I go any further with this.

Justin Bieber may be good looking and famous, but that is not why Caitlin and I completely adore and love him. We love him because he is a person with real talent who is living his dream. He is a great vocalist and performer and is humble to boot. Of course he relishes in the fame, I would too, but he knows that he is blessed to be able to live his dream, and he is really trying to give back to the world and his fans. I really believe he loves his fans as much as we love him. I appreciate that he is always encouraging people to follow their dreams, never let anyone stop you from doing what you love or tell you that you can't do it, and NEVER SAY NEVER. This means so much to people like Caitlin and me. We have very big dreams and sometimes they seem impossible, but nothing is impossible. Justin Bieber was once just a kid like us, a kid with dreams, and he is living his dream. Nothing is impossible.

SO, when he walked out on that stage, yes I screamed. I screamed like a 1960's teenage girl at a Beatles concert. And I jumped up and down and sang along and went a little bit crazy. But I also listened. I can hear myself sing or scream whenever I want. I wanted to hear him! I also swelled with admiration and joy at seeing someone who truly deserves to live their dream, live their dream. Few things make me happier than watching people live their dreams. Especially when they are gracious about it. And when he sang "Never Say Never" you bet your bottom dollar that I got choked up and tears filled my eyes a bit. I love that he is telling people (telling me) never to give up on my dreams, never tell myself that it won't happen. Then, later in the concert he did this little video speech thing where he thanked us for being his fans, thanked us for believing in him (which we do), thanked us for being with him from the very beginning (which my whole family has been), seeing his movie (which we did), and for "standing by him" through everything. He told us that he knows it's because of our belief in him that he is where he is today. At this point I was crying, BIG FAT TEARS, and I am in no way ashamed to admit it. And then when he sang "Believe" I cried again. Yup. I am one of those girls that cried at the Justin Bieber concert. I am so inspired by him.

So maybe I sound crazy.

I have dreams that some people think are ridiculous. I have dreams that people believe will never come true. Same with my sister. She really wants to be a music artist. And I really want to be an actress in film and on stage. Those are big dreams. She knows it, I know it. But you know what else we know? We know we have it in us. We know we can make it happen. And it will. Someday. You know how I know? Because it has happened for people like Justin Bieber, Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson, and many, many others. They followed their dreams. They made it. And they are just people like Caitlin and me.

























SO, thank you Justin. Thank you for living your dream. Thank you for reminding me that nothing is impossible. Thank you for being you. And thank you for putting on an AMAZING concert last night!


EVERYONE, I AM A BELIEBER!

P.S. Here are some pictures from the concert! Some of the pictures make us look like we were farther away than we really were, but we had AMAZING seats :) We saw every single thing perfectly! 




















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Guess what else...?
I believe in you too!!
Always have - always will
xo
Mom