Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tender Mercies

God is good.

Really. He is. And he loves us.

I know he loves us. Loves me.

He shows me daily by his tender mercies.

Recently I have been going to the doctor quite a bit, have lost my retainer (never had braces, but don't want my teeth to move, so I have a retainer) and to replace it is going to be pretty expensive, and also have to pay for a small surgery/the medications for the surgery with the follow up appointments. Obviously this is kind of a lot of money to be spending in one month on just medical stuff. It could be worse, much worse, but still it is a lot and we didn't necessarily budget for it.

This is where the tender mercies come in.

Tender mercy #1- Brandon gets paid every Thursday, so usually he gets 4 weeks of pay, but this month there are 5 Thursdays so there is an "extra" paycheck coming into our account this month. Of all the months to have extra expenses, this is the one to do it!

Tender mercy #2- At the beginning of Summer semester I applied for financial aid. I got $300. Though I am grateful for what I received, it wasn't as much as I had been hoping for and Brandon and I paid the remaining $2,500 for tuition. This morning I received an e-mail saying I had been refunded the money which I had paid for tuition due to a Pell Grant that I have been awarded equalling the amount of tuition for Summer semester. Again, right when we need the money we are taken care of.

I know this is no accident. I know this is a result of Brandon and I paying tithing and having faith that we are doing what the Lord wants us to do and he will bless us for it. And he has! I know that the Lord loves us. I know that he wants us to be happy and is looking for ways to bless us. I am so grateful for that knowledge and so grateful for the blessings and tender mercies that the Lord gives me daily.

No comments: