Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Who I Am

Summer semester is moving along just swimmingly. I actually haven't minded being in school cause I still get to sleep in and I'm not there all stinking day like I am in the Fall and Spring semesters. I still feel like I am getting a "summer" but I'm still accomplishing things! It's a good feeling. However, my biology class makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Luckily for me my last test is next Thursday (a week from TOMORROW!!!) and I'll be done with that class from the underworld. Ok, it hasn't been THAT bad. I've actually learned a lot and have really tried to apply myself, but sitting there for 3 hours listening to a mumbling teacher wears on you. Especially when his tests are overly complicated and brutal. One more week. I can hold on until then. And then my other classes start! And possibly the death of my biology class will start all over!

On a non-secular side of school, I started my institute class today and I can already tell I'm going to love it. I missed out on institute last semester and let me tell you what, I am not going to do that again. I am beginning to really see the difference institute makes in my life. It's really nice to be able to go somewhere and learn something different; something that you know you will keep with you forever no matter what. It's a very rare feeling. I love it. The spirit I felt just in my first class was awesome and I can tell that it is only going to get better. If only you could see the excitement on my face!

Speaking of feeling the spirit, I have begun the Young Women's Personal Progress program again. I finished it when I was young women's at the age of 14, so it has been a while since I have done it and all of the lessons and teachings apply so much differently in my life as a 20 year old wife than as they did when I was a 14 year old 8th grader. I am loving going through it and really trying to make continuous progress in my life. It has been fun for me. Also, Caitlin is working hard to get hers done as well, so I have promised that I will work along side her as much as I can to help her finish it before she turns 18 in a year (yikes!). We are making good headway though and I am confident that she will finish on time if she sticks with it! It is fun to have that time with Caitlin. I miss her a lot sometimes and it is really good to be able to hang out with her.

Along with personal progress I am trying to really be better about me. I am trying to do better to take care of myself, to love myself, to find joy in myself, and to make myself the person that I want to be. So, along with my efforts in exercise and diet, I decided (with some encouragement from my mother) that it was time to see my doctor about my weight problem and a couple other health things I have been dealing with. I think this was a good move, even though he drew blood and my eyes watered (no I am not a pansy.....), I still feel like he can really help me figure out what is going on with me. I am so grateful for modern medicine and doctors who care about their patients. I am so grateful for health insurance that allows me to go to the doctor without ridiculous bills resulting from my visit. We truly live in blessed times, and I realize that I am very blessed.

On a completely different note, Chloe had a dance recital the other day. She is so stinking cute I can't even stand it. She is such a sweet, beautiful, loving, innocent, happy child. I love her so much and am so proud of her and her desire to develop her talents. She can sure shake that thang up on that stage. I love that girl! Pictures to come!

No comments: