Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Heeeeee :)

Once upon a time I made a list. On this list were shows and the characters in them that I loved and wanted to play before I kicked the bucket. I have been super blessed that I have been able to cross several of my "characters" off of my list. I am again blessed with that opportunity!

I have been cast as "Nellie Forbush" in South Pacific at Centerpointe Legacy Theater, in the MWF Cast!!! I have always wanted to play "Nellie" ever since I first heard "Cockeyed Optimist," and my desire to play her grew when I saw the Lincoln Center production of South Pacific. I am so extremely excited and grateful that I have this opportunity! I am so excited that I get to be counterparts with the amazingly talented and lovely (inside and out) Bre Welch! I am so excited that I get to be in a show with so many of my friends, and that I will have the chance to make new friends! I am excited that I get to be under the amazing direction of Jim Christian again. I am so blessed!!!

I am so grateful for all of the opportunities that I have all around me. I am learning that the more open I am to opportunity the more opportunities present themselves. I made a pact with myself that I would audition for everything that I even had a remote interest in, even if I had conflicts or stuff like that, and it has opened so many doors for me! If I had based my audition for South Pacific off of how many conflicts I had, I probably wouldn't have auditioned, and therefore would not have been able to cross "Nellie" off of my dream list. You never know what will happen! I also love auditions, so it's been fun for me to just get out there and do it no matter what happens.

There are so many things I am grateful for right now! And to continue onward with what I wrote about yesterday I am going to make a list of the things I am grateful for!

I am so extremely grateful for my amazing, handsome, sweet, hard working, hilarious, fun, caring, smart, and so much more, husband :) I LOVE YOU HONEY!

I'm grateful for Great Harvest Berry Oat Bran Muffins.

I'm grateful for my Costume Design class. I love pushing myself and working on something that I don't think I would have worked on otherwise.

I'm grateful for realizing what is really important and working hard to improve my focus on those parts of my life.

I am grateful for Alane Schultz and the constant friend and mentor she has always been to me. I am glad that we can continue to be friends and have the same connection we have always had even if it is difficult for us to get together regularly.

I am so grateful for natures way. I don't really need/want to explain what this means, but just know that I am immensely grateful for something I didn't really think I'd ever be grateful for.

I am grateful for amazing designers who make us actors look really good on stage. What would we do without them?!?! Seriously though, Sean Bishop has designed the most amazing dress for me for Tartuffe, and Jean Louise has done an AMAZING JOB constructing it. Seriously, I look like a big pink and purple cupcake :) In a good way.

I am grateful for learning opportunities.

I am grateful to be surrounded by so many people who are better than me. Not in a "I'm not good enough" kind of way, but in the way that I have people around me who constantly make me want to be a better performer, friend, and person. I am truly blessed to have such amazing people in my life.

I am grateful for modern medicine.

I am grateful for Hall's Vitamin C Drops.

I am grateful for good literature.

I am grateful for the small things in life that just make it that much better.

I am grateful for things that move me to tears. I am grateful that I can feel that deep of emotions and that I can be affected like that by art and the beautiful things in life.

There is so much more that I could write about, but I really should be doing homework of some kind, so here is where I will end. :)




No comments: