Saturday, October 31, 2009

Safety Net


Life; a truly beautiful experience.

Many things before me;

chances to find joy.

Experiences to teach me the

lessons of life.

The opportunities of life are

all around me.

Risks to take.

Mistakes to make.

Thoughts of risking myself

frighten me slightly.

Mistakes have never been the

most welcome experience.

Afraid of embarking on new journeys,

where there is much unknown,

I find myself lingering directly above

the safety net.

Yet, there is stronger fear.

Fear of life I may be missing.

There is a bountiful supply of

opportunities before me;

doors yet to be opened.

So many options,

yet who is to know which is best?

I seek the doors withholding experiences

that will fulfill me;

bring me joy and allow me to look back

on my years on Earth

and feel that I truly lived.

So, which is it?

Do I cling to the tight rope and never

soar on the trapeze,

staying within the comfort of the safety net?

The way of definite success?

Safety is appealing.

I could find happiness that way.

I feel, though, I will always wonder what

would have happened had daring

overcome me,

and I had taken the chance:

if I had let go of the trapeze and flown.

So here I am,

at a cross road.

No comments: