Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Learning Experiences


In the past couple months or so I have had some very interesting experiences. Within a matter of weeks I went from completely blissfully happy to utterly miserable, and then, gratefully, back to happy. Some of the experiences I went through were pretty tough, but life goes on, and I have learned SO MUCH.

Throughout these events I have learned many things, which are as follows:

1- Easy come, easy go. This applies to many things in life; relationships, friends, jobs, possessions, money, etc... In this case I am referring to friendships/relationships. I have come to realize, in my short time on this Earth, that the friendships worth keeping are the ones that you worked to establish. The relationships that last are the ones that took some time to create. The friendships in which you are "instant best friends" or relationships described as "love at first sight" rarely last. I have a greater appreciation than I had before for the friendships that I can depend on; the ones that are true friendships.

2- Just because someone says you can trust them, doesn't mean that you can. Liars are liars. Flakes are flakes. Enough said.

3- Love can be blind. Do not let your feelings for someone over rule the goals and standards you have set. Just because you love someone does not mean that you have to support or justify whatever it is they are doing. Sometimes you have to love them from a distance.

4- God is ALWAYS there for us. No matter what we are going through the Lord will always provide a way for us to get through it. The trials we are given here in this life are for our benefit; to make us stronger and to help us learn. Our trials are a testament of God's love for us. God hears and answers our prayers. It may not be right away, but when the time is right God will always answer our prayers. The Lord is in everything. We just have to take time to notice his hand in our lives.

So there you have it. Those are some of the things, among many, that I have learned over the past couple months. I am happier for it, and now have more of the tools that I need to get through life and find true happiness.

No comments: